Always be open for those little wins that might just remind you why you are walking the path you chose. I found myself lamenting about spending the past two months without experiencing any kind of positive encounter or event. Tonight, a fellow camper struck up a conversation, helped me sort out a leaky water connection (I was missing a rubber washer), and we chatted for well over an hour about campers, work, his time in the Marines, and of course, our dogs.
It doesn’t sound like much, but that conversation fanned the flame of my hopes for this trip. While I didn’t have many expectations about traveling like this, I did hope to meet people and hear bits of their stories. Watching Nomadland, I knew that basic human connection with people choosing to live life on the road was something I wanted to experience, if nothing else.
Being a blip in the life of someone I’ve never met before, and they in mine - there’s just something completely raw and honest about it. There are no pretenses, nothing motivating the conversations other than relating to someone else traveling around and having human experiences. Sharing tips and knowledge gained through experience, and allowing yourself to brave the unknown is surprisingly empowering.
I’ve never been one to ask for help easily, but since I ventured out on my own, I haven't hesitated. I’m not afraid or embarrassed to admit I’m a novice or that I don’t know how to do something. And the thing is, everyone I’ve met so far has been beyond willing to lend a hand. It's refreshing to be okay with learning and needing the input and assistance of others. It keeps me grounded and in touch with humility, which allows me to grow and evolve. And I'm all for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment